The landscape of hills, typical of the highlands, is broken here by the presence of this immense artificial lake of more than 2000 hectares.
The lake Mantasoa was built in 1936 for the irrigation and electricity supply of the capital.
This area also gathers the vestiges of the first industries of Madagascar created by the omnipresent Jean Laborde at the beginning of the 19th century.
On this site of altitude, mornings and evenings are often misty with an almost Scottish perfume. But one is not mistaken for a long time. Indeed, the presence of the Eucalypti and, on the islands further back, the first buttresses of the virgin forest populated with the typical lemurs reminds us quickly that we are in Madagascar.